shot in my studio...

If you read my last posting, mentioned the great support that Cindy is for me. This is a case in point example. She was doing pull-ups on a ladder to make this shot possible. I'll explain....

I wanted to do this tight rope business shot but didn't have a tight rope or the money to call the circus and get one. So I took a trip to home depot and bought some rope. problem solved right? Not quite. Because this was a studio shot, I didn't have a real way to anchor the rope to make it solid enough for someone to walk on. So instead, I just stretched the rope between two light stands about 6 inches off the studio floor. Then I put a ladder so it spanned over the rope. Then Cindy got under the ladder, did a pull-up so she could carefully put just the right amount of weight onto the rope, making it appear that she was actually walking on it. Needless to say we did this shot in just a few takes. If you look at the raw images, the edges of the ladder show just a little bit in the corners. I should have shot the set, so as to show it better. I promise to be better at this in the future. I also did a male version of this. I was the only person in the studio acting as photographer and model. This type of thing only works for shots where my face doesn't show!

Ok, once the shot was made, I added white space to make it square did a simple composite of the sky into the background and voila! C'est fini!






No comments: