Here is a snap shot of my new mountain bike. I was heavy into mountain biking while in high school, but after a few bad bikes, a lack of money, and time, I let my love for this sport slip away. I went on a ride with my brother a few weeks ago using my old Trek Y3 bike. We did a 25 mile ride starting at the top of Guardsman pass in BCC and rode to the bottom of Millcreek Canyon. It was a great ride, but 25 miles on an old bike that wasn't quality in the first place, got me motivated to finally find a new bike. This is not a top of the line $5,000 bike, but it is a very nice Specialized Camber Elite 29er, equipped with XT shifters, SLX front derailer, and a XT rear derailer. This is a bike that normally cost well over $2,000 with Alivio shifters, but I got it and upgraded to the XT shifters for just over $1,600. I thought it was a pretty good deal.




No comments: