LDS Temple images

It's kind of weird that I have traveled the world to photograph cathedrals, but I have never photographed any of the beautiful LDS temples that I am surrounded by. I guess when something is close by, I don't appreciate it like I should. I guess I could say the same for GOING to the temple. what's worse, is that I never even really thought of photographing these beautiful temples until I was asked to do it. I have received a lot of complaints that it's hard to find well done images of the temples, and was asked by my brother, John to photograph the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. So one evening while I was in the area I did just that. I really enjoyed making these images, so I am going to make pictures of other temples in the region as well. I am also now contacting distributors so that I can make these images available in stores.

I made these pictures by shooting two horizontal images, each capturing about 1/2 of the temple. Then I seamlessly put them together in Photoshop to make one image. By doing this, I get a much higher quality image than the camera can produce with a single frame. It's like shooting on a camera that is about 35 megapixels instead of 21 megapixels, without the need of buying a $30,000 dollar digital back... which someday I hope to do. These images are available in 16x16 prints for $99. Please contact me if you are interested.



4 comments:

Brea Runyan Sorrells said...

Gorgeous!! Looks like shooting architecture is another talent or yours!

Erik Isakson said...

I had NO idea you're Mormon!

Kevin Keele said...

Wow Mike. I assumed you were good but the images here are stunning! I'm crazy impressed.

ladycami said...

Oh my gosh this is beautiful.